Thứ Năm, 7 tháng 1, 2010

Arrived

The Buddha said that the past is gone and the future is not yet here. Let us not regret the past. Let us not worry about the future. to the present moment and live deeply the present moment. Because the present moment is the only moment where you can touch life. Life is available only in the present moment. That is why walking meditation is to go back to the present moment, in order to be alive again and to touch life deeply in that moment. In order to be able to touch the earth with our feet and enjoy walking, we have to establish ourselves firmly in the present moment, in the here and the now.

In walking meditation, we walk like a free person. This is not political freedom. This is freedom from afflictions, from sorrow, from fear. Unless you are free you cannot enjoy walking. I would like to propose to you a short poem that you might like to use for walking meditation:

I have arrived. I am home.
In the here. In the now.
I am solid. I am free.
In the ultimate I dwell.


Thích Nhất Hạnh, from Resting in the River

3 nhận xét:

  1. Yes,
    I have arrived. I am home. :)

    Hihi, I could be in love with you if you are near me, Mr. Marcus. ;)

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. I have been reading a lot from Thich Nhat Hanh. Attempt trying to walk freely like Buddha. So far, no success. I just cannot. But keep trying. Because I know one day , I will be able to do so. Even just one second, one minute.

    Trả lờiXóa
  3. @thuy: I see :)
    @Lún: Yes, I'm trying everyday. On the New Year's Day, listening to his dharma talk was a pleasure for me.

    Trả lờiXóa